CLINICAL SUPERVISION AND CBT
Joy Scholes has been accredited as Supervisor by the BABCP since 2010.
Joy can offer private clinical supervision, either for individuals or for small groups, at her consulting room in Bedfordshire. Alternatively supervision can be offered via Skype or Apple Facetime.
She has extensive supervision experience with NHS staff in IAPT, including PWP’s and both Trainee and qualified High Intensity Therapists and supervises on the University of Hertfordshire P/G Diploma in CBT. She also supervises and coaches other health care professionals and counsellors seeking to use and develop CBT techniques as part of their work.
Her aim is to provide the following for supervisees:
- Provide a space for personal confidence building and education regarding the practice of CBT.
- Opportunities to discuss formulation, treatment plans and progress for individual clients.
- A chance to develop particular CBT skills both by role play exercises and by listening to tapes/watching videos. Complete sessions can be CTS-R rated (charged separately) on request.
- Opportunities to increase knowledge. Joy has a wide knowledge of protocols, literature and other resources which she is happy to share.
- Support for the supervisee in their clinical work, facilitation of reflective practice and encouragement of professional development.
- A safe and confidential place to discuss any concerns about particular clients. As a former Clinical Lead and currently a CBT practitioner in the NHS, Joy is experienced in clinical governance and can give advice about risk assessment, access to alternative services and ethical practice.
Cost of Supervision
£85.00 per 1.5 hour session.
"Supervision is the bedrock of good CBT. How lucky I am I found Joy to help me develop my clinical skills and practice. We do computer linked supervision for two sessions and then we meet up. This has proved to be a good compromise for me with my time and travel constraints."
MORE CLINICAL SUPERVISION TESTIMONIALS